According to recent data, health information seeking is now the third most popular activity for all users over 18 years old . Health professionals, one of Eurosurveillance’s target audiences, are also increasingly finding their way online. In order to keep better in touch with our audience, Eurosurveillance has now entered the world of social media and set up a Twitter account.
Eurosurveillance hopes to use Twitter to:
- inform and alert about articles published;
- reach out in a new format;
- connect with communities as well as those with a general interest in public health;
- enhance the rapid communication of information;
- learn from our followers – and those we follow – through their tweets.
Find us @Eurosurveillanc (truncated name ending with c) – we hope many who enjoy this medium will sign up and join to get immediate information about new articles and a heads-up about issues to come.
- PewResearchCenter, PewInternet & American Life Project [Internet]. Health Topics. 80% of internet users look for health information online. Washington, D.C. 2011 [Accessed 19 Jan]. Available from: http://pewinternet.org/~/media/files/reports/2011/pip_healthtopics.pdf